LOS ANGELES – 7 May 2019 – Today, the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) invites the community to continue an ongoing conversation about evolving ICANN’s multistakeholder model of governance. Please join one of two webinars on 14 May 2019 at 1600 UTC or 15 May at 2300 UTC.
When the community came together at ICANN64 in Kobe, Japan, they engaged in a facilitated conversation about how to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of ICANN’s multistakeholder model of governance. Based on those comments and additional input received at ICANN63, a paper requesting further feedback was posted for Public Comment on 25 April 2019. This webinar is intended to continue that discussion. Facilitator Brian Cute, who will lead the webinar, has asked those who attend to come prepared to discuss the following topics:
- Provide a specific example that describes one or more of the issues that have been identified. Use fact-based examples only.
- Describe the nature of the issue and specifically how it hampers the more effective functioning of the multistakeholder model.
- Describe how the multistakeholder model would more effectively function if a solution or new approach to the issue could be implemented.
- Describe how the multistakeholder model would more effectively function while respecting the open and inclusive nature of the multistakeholder model.
Webinar Details & How to Attend
Date and time:
14 May 2019, 1600 – 1700 UTC
- Join via Zoom: https://icann.zoom.us/j/612538404
15 May 2019, 2300 – 0000 UTC 16 May 2019
- Join via Zoom: https://icann.zoom.us/j/964732040
For a complete list of dial-in phone numbers for this webinar, please go to https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/governance-plan-improve-multistakeholder-model-2019-04-08-en.
ICANN’s mission is to help ensure a stable, secure, and unified global Internet. To reach another person on the Internet, you need to type an address – a name or a number – into your computer or other device. That address must be unique so computers know where to find each other. ICANN helps coordinate and support these unique identifiers across the world. ICANN was formed in 1998 as a not-for-profit public-benefit corporation with a community of participants from all over the world.
Matrix Domains is transfering all the list and sales of my domain names to It's Domains. Veiw the new site here: Domains